For my 35th birthday, I decided to go through every year I've been alive and find two songs I love (one for rock/pop and one for country) that came out that year. I fully believe that what we listen to shapes us and says a lot about who we are. I chose these songs because they're beautiful and most of them remind me of specific people or a moment frozen in time.
1986: True Colors (Cyndi Lauper), Grandpa, Tell Me About The
Good Old Days (The Judds)
1987: I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For (U2),
Forever and Ever Amen (Randy Travis)
1988: Fast Car (Tracy Chapman), Don’t Close Your Eyes (Keith
Whitley)
1989: Right Here Waiting (Richard Marx), I’m No Stranger To
The Rain (Keith Whitley)
1990: Hold On (Wilson Phillips), The Dance (Garth Brooks)
1991: Everything I Do I Do It For You (Bryan Adams), Small
Town Saturday Night (Hal Ketchum)
1992: How Do You Talk To An Angel (The Heights), Look Heart,
No Hands (Randy Travis)
1993: Hero (Mariah Carey), I Want To Be Loved Like That (Shenandoah)
1994: I’ll Stand By You (The Pretenders), Your Love Amazes
Me (John Berry)
1995: You Are Not Alone (Michael Jackson), That’s Just About
Right (Blackhawk)
1996: Because You Loved Me (Celine Dion), Time Marches On
(Tracy Lawrence)
1997: Go The Distance (Michael Bolton), Dancin’ Shaggin’ On
The Boulevard (Alabama)
1998: When You Believe (Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston),
You Were Mine (The Chicks)
1999: Black Balloon (Goo Goo Dolls), Cowboy Take Me Away (The
Chicks)
2000: Hanging By A Moment (Lifehouse), When You Come Back To
Me Again (Garth Brooks)
2001: Here’s To The Night (Eve6), Angels In Waiting (Tammy
Cochran)
2002: One Last Breath (Creed), Almost Home (Craig Morgan)
2003: Here Without You (3 Doors Down), Remember When (Alan
Jackson)
2004: Boulevard Of Broken Dreams (Green Day), If Heaven
(Andy Griggs)
2005: Fix You (Coldplay), Just Might Make Me Believe
(Sugarland)
2006: Chasing Cars (Snow Patrol), When The Stars Go Blue
(Tim McGraw)
2007: Shadow Of The Day (Linkin Park), Don’t Blink (Kenny
Chesney)
2008: Viva La Vida (Coldplay), Johnny And June (Heidi
Newfield)
2009: Fireflies (Owl City), Temporary Home (Carrie Underwood)
2010: The Only Exception (Paramore), The House That Built Me
(Miranda Lambert)
2011: Someone Like You (Adele), Ours (Taylor Swift)
2012: Home (Phillip Phillips), Merry Go Round (Kacey Musgraves)
2013: Wake Me Up (Avicii), Follow Your Arrow (Kacey
Musgraves)
2014: Let It Go (James Bay), Girl Crush (Little Big Town)
2015: The Night We Met (Lord Huron), Humble and Kind (Tim
McGraw)
2016: Say You Won’t Let Go (James Arthur), Record
Year (Eric Church)
2017: One More Light (Linkin Park), Tin Man (Miranda Lambert)
2018: Someone You Loved (Lewis Capaldi), Break Up In The End
(Cole Swindell)
2019: Walk Me Home (Pink), Even Though I’m Leaving (Luke
Combs)
2020: Blinding Lights (The Weeknd), Die From A Broken Heart
(Maddie & Tae)
2021: Montero (Lil Nas X), Band-Aid On A Bullet Hole (Morgan Wallen)
No comments:
Post a Comment